I am the author of Fear-Free Fundraising: How to Ask People for Money, which is available to purchase on Amazon. Fundraising and communications go hand in hand. As a professional filmmaker and a professional fundraiser, I bring good communications to everything I do. It’s all about telling a good story. Let me help you tell yours effectively.
Fear-Free Fundraising takes the mystery out of raising money from individual donors. This is a book designed for those who are new to fundraising. If you’re a staff or board member of a growing nonprofit—or anyone who needs to ask someone else for money—Fear-Free Fundraising will help you:
- visualize the steps to introduce people to your organization,
- actually take these steps, and
- go face to face to ask people to write checks!
This book explores the complete process of individual giving including the following:
- Identifying your potential donors
- How to manage the individual giving process
- What role direct mail plays in the overall process
- How you can use house parties in your program
- How to make donors feel connected to your organization
- How to prepare for and set up face-to-face meetings to ask for money
- What to do if the potential donor says ‘no’
- What happens after the donor meeting
Yes, you, too, can be a fundraising superhero!